Thursday, 19 April 2012

I AM A WOMAN.


I am a woman
I am the refugee of your world
You will not find me on any list
Don’t try to find me
I belong to no country
I have no home
I will never be found on your maps
I am an unnamed city
Undiscovered town you seldom reach
Unless you are lost
On your arrogant journey to success


You only walk through me
Like you walk through a dark forest
In the moonless night

You never call me by my name
You who claim to love me
Call me 
Mother
Sister
Beloved
Mistress
But you never call me by my name
I am an unheeded garden
A cactus uncared on the way of you caravan

I am a woman
And nobody knows my name
I am the refugee of your world
I don’t have any address
Don’t try to find me
I live on the outskirts of the town
You deserted long ago
My name is still written on those walls
You never read it
Don't pretend to read it
You are blind to my name
I am a woman without a name
I lost my name
My body
My respect
Only to preserve
Your name
Your body
Your respect
I am a woman you will never know

I am a dried up river
That refused to merge with sea of your world
Leaving behind innumerable smooth rocks
Sitting on which you brood about
How to run your godless world
I am the forgotten figment of your demented memory

And if you ever try to pretend to know me
Remember
I’ll only smile back
Remember that smile
If you will!

5 comments:

  1. painful, true.. brilliance
    awesome..but want to know is there any inspiration for these thoughts?
    Munaza

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great stuff.. cant stop writing again for this and cant stop thinking can a Man actually be empathetic with the truth of the identity of a woman..its unbelievable but it has happened...amazing 7stars Hatsoff!
    "You never call me by my name
    You who claim to love me
    Call me mother
    Sister
    Beloved
    Mistress
    But you never call me by my name
    I am an unheeded garden
    A cactus uncared on the way of you caravan"
    true in every sense..man this is too good..my words are too poor to express it.....
    Munaza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Munaza, I can only say each and every women in my life, starting from my mother (btw whose name is Tasleema, to be politically and ethically correct) have loved me so much that they opened up a space within me where I am not ashamed of being a woman myself for a while. I believe we all can, and should, try to experience the other side of creation. I don't know if I could do justice to what I felt in those blessed moments, but I think God blessed me more than I deserve.
    I am really honored, being a man, to get such kind and generous compliment from you. Makes my heart feel warmer like my mother's lap. Thanks once again for your appreciation.
    Muzammil Karim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your honesty
    but my words are not just compliments but appraisal, ur writing made me feel very familiar(being a woman) so felt like unbelievable for sometime!
    keep the words flowing and will cherish reading much more from you...
    Munazah

    ReplyDelete