Monday, 7 May 2012

Breakfast With My Schizophrenia


That voice is growing on me
Who is he calling to?
I had put sugar in my tea
Why does it taste salty?

Your face is too familiar
Have you come to steal my dreams?
But you can’t
Even if I tell you
They are hidden inside my secret locker
It only opens with one key
The key of my sleep
But you can’t make me sleep

Go away!
What do you want from me?

Give me your black sweater
I have to build a house
Of black strings
For my homeless friend
Who can’t stop talking any time
Follows me everywhere
No, you don’t know him
He hasn't met you yet
How can you meet him!
He is homeless!

Go away!
Why do you want to meet him?

My tea is getting cold
I must drink it fast
Before it gets dry
There is a message at the bottom
Look it is your eye
Close your eyes
They are too beautiful and sharp
They hurt me
They cut through me
I don’t want to bleed my thoughts out

Go away!
Why do you want to know me?

There is music in the sky
I am a song sung in whispers
Decipher me if you can
"I want to die!
You want to tie!
They want to buy!
I live under sky!
Why would I cry!"

Go away!
Why do you want to understand me?

You really want to know me?
Go home and look into the mirror
Watch your eyes closely
Read the message if you can
Then drink my tea
I mixed my thoughts in it
Drink it fast
Before it gets dry
The message is always gone
A little before than forever
But why is your face too familiar?
Have you come to steal my thoughts?
Steal if you can
I won’t blame you for the crime
Promise me but one thing
Don’t force me
To sleep
Or to drink your tea
I want to go away
I want to know me

Go away!
Why don’t you leave me alone?

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me!!! You really good. You have aptly described the schizphrenic experience. Simply amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so difficult to pen down such experiences, but I am honored by your appreciation. Thanks a lot!

      Delete