Thursday, 17 May 2012

Scratch My Retina


(In conversation with my torturer)

I am not caffeinated mornings
Or their lazy yawns
Printed across newspaper they read
Benevolent with daily doses
Of delusional truths

I am not the subject
Of their calculated headlines
The impassioned uncivilized person
In their crafty columns
And precisely captured photographs

I am not a footnote
They quote me tirelessly
In defense of their education
Their obsession
Only amuses me
Like a dog
Playing in the park
Fetching the ball religiously
Every time it’s is thrown away

Freedom is a secret
We all have to deserve it

I have a secret place
Called freedom
I live there
Don’t bother to search it
The map is etched
On the walls of my retina

You want my secret
Look straight into my eyes
Scratch my retina

3 comments:

  1. Imloded anger...Like!
    Munazah Gulzar

    ReplyDelete
  2. bekhof - bebak - thrust of the words- the thought process is just matched with the right words - like you have stolen the words from our mouth!!!!! simply GREEEEAT......keep it up !!!!!

    ReplyDelete