Saturday, 23 November 2013

Love Is A Circular River

The bitterness of forgetting
Spoils the fiber of my soul
Your memories grow back
Like a malignant tumor inside me
I smile at your words
And take comfort in our past
But time poisons my blood

Like a delirious man
I speak about you
Sometimes in past tense…
Sometimes in present…
Sometimes in future…

But in the moments of clarity
I know
Love cannot be spoken in any tense
It’s timeless like the idea of time
The phantoms of past, present and future
Cannot haunt lovers

Love is a circular river
Flowing from heart
Back to the heart itself
The journey in between
Gathers all the sediments and grains
Of experience and wisdom

Memories are now islands
Indifferent to each other
But they all play the same politics
Over and over again

Of forgetting and remembering you…

No comments:

Post a Comment