Friday, 12 June 2015

Burdened Souls

We can’t shed this burden of our souls
In aimlessly flowing tears
There is no one else
Who will carry this burden
I can’t send my burden to you
In carefully sealed letters
You can’t send yours anyway
In tightly packed pickle bottles
We have to carry it for life
Alone
Quietly
Like an undeclared secret affair
That makes our mundane living
Dangerously exciting
At least in the moments of utter loneliness

Sometimes I stretch your memories
Across my spine through my heart
And play myself like an out-of-tune guitar

Sometimes I lay on my back
Pretending I’m dead
And search my whole being
Like a distant planet
For any signs of life

It’s only your memories
They crawl inside me
Like tiny living organisms
Multiplying like an unwanted embryo
Or a life threatening tumour
They have created colonies inside me

I’m just a reluctant host now
I don’t know how long I will survive
But we can’t shed this burden of our souls
In aimlessly flowing tears

Or can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment