When the barrenness of my arid
life
Begets no rain
When I find myself lost
Like a quivering fish out of her
pond
I remind myself
We’ll always have Delhi
When the colours of the evenings
Bear no resemblance to happiness
When mornings arrive undeclared
Like an unannounced guest
I remind myself
We’ll always have Delhi
When I find myself lonely
In the dark rooms of my house
When I finally stop crying
After long periods of exhaustive wailing
I remind myself
We’ll always have Delhi
When the mirrors start scaring me
Like the ghosts of the past
When I frighten myself harrowingly
With my own dissociative thoughts
I remind myself
We’ll always have Delhi
When I fear the banality of my life
Licking away at my heart to
cold-blooded numbness
When my uninspired stale commitments
turn into
The horrifying monster of
soul-destroying dullness
I close my eyes and remind myself
We’ll always have Delhi
My love
We'll always have Delhi
Words fail to appreciate how beautiful your poems are Poet. Just keep on writing and keep on quenching our thirsts.
ReplyDelete