Saturday, 13 August 2016

It’s Not A Wonderful World

I see love killed by families
Kindness corrupted in holy places
Compassion poisoned in hospitals
Knowledge disabled in schools

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world!

I see creativity sold to the highest bidder
Justice cruel inside courtrooms
Freedom censored from the textbooks
Peace gangraped inside parliament houses

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world!


I see happiness auctioned to war mongers
Courage panicking right on the stage
Anger equated with rebellion
Wisdom losing it all in rage
Violence glorified as heroism

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world!

I see nature deliberately being harmed
I see children burnt alive
People forced out of their homes
War replacing politics

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world!

1 comment:

  1. You see love being sold for fake sparkles
    You see hearts being broken for false pleasures
    Essence of gratitude being scattered
    Warmth mistaken to be weaknesses

    And you think to yourself
    What a wonderful world!

    ReplyDelete