Wednesday, 11 October 2017

I Must Wait Quietly

You have to look at me from far
Only then I’ll look good to you
I’m ugly up close
My good parts are lonelier
Than my bad parts
Goodness is always lonely I guess
Don’t all kind people stand alone in their kindness?
The rituals are always crowded and common
To speak to you is like conjuring up a spell
Which doesn’t work most times
But when they do
You reply back like a smoke
Rising up from a bonfire from afar
I don’t know if there are answers to my questions
I know though there are questions
They are like clues to some murder mystery
Only turned upside down
All fallen leaves point to the presence of a tree
Life is like a river no one can walk over
Like water finds us all too heavy to hold
I drown in your arms every time
I must stop talking and wait quietly
You make love to me only in silence

No comments:

Post a Comment