Tuesday, 17 April 2012

To My Editor: God


I am the unpublished author of my life
You are my obnoxious editor
You change everything I write
When I write
A poem of my desires
You change it to an elegy of my wants
A prose of joy
You modify it to a critique of naivety
A fiction of my dreams
You alter it to random lies
A sonnet on my existence
You impose the question of arrogance
The anecdotes of my love
You dismiss them as insignificant flirtations

And when in the state of frustration
I write differently
In a different language
To rebel
To resist
You translate every word of mine
To mere nothingness

You promised me to publish my book
I never stopped writing

But now I know
Even though you will deliver your much hyped promise
I will always be an unpublished author
Of the book I wrote
And published author of the book
I didn’t write

1 comment: