Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Somnambulism


I fall from terrible altitudes of sleep
Into an unknown dream

People on the street shout: Azaadi
I chase them
With sharp edges of stolen rainbows

They all meet me
On the cracked roof
Of my ancestral house
I jump
And fracture few dreams

Few drops of blood
Mark my path
I too shout: Aazadi

Pain blooms like flower
Inside my head
It exhales high scent of conspiracy

I crawl
Into my grandmother’s Pheran pocket
It’s dark like grave
Moon comes down
Sits
Silent like a kind nurse

My grandmother sings
Lalded
To lull me to sleep
I shout: Aazadi
She sings again
Nundresh
I shout: Hunger
She feeds me
With terrifying stories
Of Arabian Nights

I console myself
With newly found marbles
I take them all
Inside my right palm
And run hard
Faster than bullets of tragedy
Cutting through pepper smoke
And invisible shouts

“Hey you!
What do you have in your hands?”

I swallow one marble

“Tell us, you bastard!”

I swallow another one

“Come here or I’ll kill you”

I throw the last one at him

He exchanges my marble
With old rusty bullet
It’s stuck
Into my head
Inside the cobwebs
Of my dreams

What fools!
Such terrible trade

I shout again: Aazadi
Aazadi sings back
In my grandmother’s voice

I fall again from terrible altitudes of sleep
Into another unknown dream

No comments:

Post a Comment