It's such a tricky part
This is a part
Where I die
Entwined souls get separated
For some good reason only
Till you needed me
You kept me close
Like your insomniac pillow
You called every day
Like a panic button
You couldn't stop pressing
Every time
You felt odd
Or panicky
I wrapped you tight
Like the winter sun
And soaked all your tears
For years...
Then when you were fine
And gracefully entered
Your new life in peace
Entirely carved out by me
I became a nuisance
An unnecessary package
Delivered on a wrong address
Today
When I stand where I stand
I know I can forgive you
For all your impulsive remarks
Childish indifference
And pathological shallowness
But I'll never forgive myself
For letting myself
Foolishly believe in you...
This is a part
Where I die
Entwined souls get separated
For some good reason only
Till you needed me
You kept me close
Like your insomniac pillow
You called every day
Like a panic button
You couldn't stop pressing
Every time
You felt odd
Or panicky
I wrapped you tight
Like the winter sun
And soaked all your tears
For years...
Then when you were fine
And gracefully entered
Your new life in peace
Entirely carved out by me
I became a nuisance
An unnecessary package
Delivered on a wrong address
Today
When I stand where I stand
I know I can forgive you
For all your impulsive remarks
Childish indifference
And pathological shallowness
But I'll never forgive myself
For letting myself
Foolishly believe in you...
No comments:
Post a Comment