Friday, 1 May 2015

Nuptial Games

(To all those who insist annoyingly)

They see fire in me
Dangerously catastrophic
At least from where they see it
They fear it consumes me steadily
Gradually plunging me down
Into the depths of madness
They fear I won’t come back from there
And that if left up to me
I would rather live in a different world
Without any of them in it
They are afraid of that choice
Somehow they believe
I can leave them
For the world I create for myself

Because they afraid of losing me
And because they care so much about it
They insist I should marry soon
As if the nuptial congress would exorcise me
Of some celestial demons
Living inside me day and night

Perhaps they are right
Perhaps she may be the only cloud to my desert

But how terrifyingly uncanny it would be
If she comes with her own brand of fire
Much more consuming!
Much more maddening than mine!
What madness would that be!

They should be afraid of that more…

No comments:

Post a Comment