I’m emptied from inside
Like an old forest tree
Eaten away ring by ring
From deep within
Except the bark
And when the slightest breeze
waves its arms
I fall flat on the ground
Like a drunken man falling to
oblivion
I’m taken away by you
Like an unclaimed property
Like a trophy of your another triumph
We sang together
We read together
We ate together
We smoked together
But when I reached home alone
I realized
You sang a part of me away
You read what you shouldn’t have
You ate my dreams like your
favourite dish
You smoked me into a cloud
I am all rain
I’m a desire hanging in your
wardrobe now
There is no redemption in love
No resurrection after first sight
No rebirth after first touch
I’m dead timbre now
Chipped, shaved and polished
perfectly for use
Use me for your window at least
So when you stand near me
I’ll see what you see
I’ll feel what you feel
When you’ll be waving
Your loved ones away
And you’ll watch them leave
I’ll be witness to your teary eyes
And console you with coming spring
That’s is my only hope
That’ll be my only absolution
No comments:
Post a Comment