Monday, 2 November 2015

Accursed Forever

We are not always two lovers
Sometimes we are other people

Life has blown us into million parts
We are scattered all over the roads of time

The ruins of our memories
Are meaninglessly preserved
Like an old decrepit monument
Whose significance is nothing more
Than a forgotten reference
To the glories of its past

Parts of us are perpetually decaying
In the boxes of our illusory unrealized future

At times we both become one
A small dark room
With two doors on either sides
One leading to the other like an unending maze

I stand like a hollowed tree truck
In the middle of a dark dense forest
Where no one hears me fall
And all the nests of hope are destroyed
Birds find their nests elsewhere eventually

Between my reluctant touch
And your unrepentant kiss
Life hangs like a dark cloud
Over the cold city of time

When you said
“I’m likely to be away.
Please don’t worry
If you don’t hear from me”
I believed you
Like a promise of an accursed famine
And the painful knowledge that
There won’t be any rainfall anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment