Every story doesn’t have an ending
Some stories live forever
Some live longer to become legends
Yet some are killed even before
they are born
Strange as it may sound to you
Our story is still alive
But its pulse is low
It won’t survive unless we meet
again
I wait for you like a reading of
an endless story
The metal seats at the metro
station
Whisper stories about us to the fellow
travellers
We are rumoured in most metro
diaries
Clandestinely, you and I are metro
celebrities
If there would a secret metro travellers club
Our pictures would be hanging from
every wall
And people will be imagining
stories
About our prophesized meeting
But waiting is lover’s debt
No one knows what is going to
happen
Life is stranded like a metro
station
I wait for you at Patel Chowk
every evening
Waiting for our story to come
alive
I wish the hallowed mechanical
voice
At the station
Instead of repeating annoyingly
“Please
mind the gap...”
Says,
“Your
wait is over.
She
is coming in next metro.
Please
board the train as soon as it comes.”
Your wait is over !
ReplyDeleteYour wait is over !
ReplyDeleteZabardast...bahut khoob likha hai writer sahab :)
ReplyDeleteBeautifully expressed. Sometimes, its importantr to find someone else on the next station than to wait for someone who did not wait for you. You deserve love as mich as anyone else. Make the choice of releasing yourself from this agony. Find someone unique...and as beautiful as you are.
ReplyDelete