Thursday, 8 March 2012

Existential Anxiety


This anxiety is ripping me apart
It’s like a snake curling around itself
Squeezing itself
Poisoning itself
Crushing me into nothingness

I can’t hold it any longer

I run away from it
I shy away from it
I hide away from it
But it comes back
Crawling like a baby to its mother
All hungry and helpless

I face the world
And world barks at me
Like a rabid dog
About to infect me
With its unending boredom
And melodious meaninglessness

I write about it
And feel it’s gone
Then walking down
The lonely road of my existence
I find it waiting for me
Like a beggar
Asking for everything that I have
I give away everything
I walk away naked
Without a speck of soul left in me
And its calls me back

Saying, 
“I am what you are.”
“Don’t run away.”
Don’t shy away.”
Don’t hide away.”
“I’ll be waiting.”
“Come back to me.”
“You are left with nothing but me.”
“Hold on to me till you find what you are not.”

I look at it
All helpless and devoid of reason
I sit besides it
On a rainy pavement
Asking for pennies of memories
I can treasure and cash
For my next life
Which I am not certain of either.

No comments:

Post a Comment