Friday, 3 May 2013

Gangrape


(Of 6 years old girl by 6 unholy men)

Mother, don’t ask me
What happened?
They shared me like well-earned bread with each other

Mother, don’t ask me
What happened?

I saw their heads
Moving up and down
Over me
Like a gaint toy
Hanging from the ceiling

They all smelled odd
Rusty
Dirty
Unlike you
Or my doll
Or anyone who loved me

Mother, don’t ask me
What happened?
They shared me like well-earned bread with each other

Mother, I felt pain
Extreme pain
Unstoppable and constant pain
Like the screeching of a chalk
On the blackboard

I felt scared too
As if I was watching a horror movie
In your absence
I wanted to hide behind you
To feel safe

But mother, I was too small
For you to find me soon

Mother, don’t ask me
What happened?
They shared me like well-earned bread with each other

Mother, when you found me
I wasn’t same
I wasn’t me
I changed

For everyone,
I was the bunch of odd unlucky scars
And a little doll of tragedy

For me
I am the damned truth
Hidden behind every next face
The dirty secret
Of this ugly world
Where
You
I
And my doll
Are forced to live

Mother, if you ask me
What happened?
I won’t tell you
I can’t see you crying and helpless

So mother, please
Don’t ask me
What happened?
They shared me like well-earned bread with each other

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your words brought tears to my eyes.. how beautifully woven the ugly experiential account into poetry.... Poignant!!

      Delete