Thursday, 13 June 2013

My Poems Are Not Magic (A note to my oppressor)

Don’t doubt or question me
I tell you what my poems can do
My poems are not magic
But they are more than that
I hide miracles in my words

My poems can turn your bombs into birds
Your bullets into rhymes
Your torture into symphonies

You’ll never understand my songs
But I will never stop singing them
Because they can break your prisons
And shake your parliaments

My poems can tear your skin apart
And reveal the enormous ugliness you hide inside

My poems can turn tears into floods
Floods into storms
Storms into freedom and hope
For new beginning

My poems may not taste good on your tongue
But their bitterness is the cure to my heart

My poems may not be easy on your eardrums
But their uneven meters and unrhymed words
Is the sound of my heartbeat
That keeps my dream alive
The dream unto freedom

Careful!
My poems can burn you
So read
Read carefully my poems
And taste
What comes out of my womb of misery

Would never come from your barrels of oppression

No comments:

Post a Comment