Curfew
is on…
The
day to day work is shut
Closed
Indefinitely
While
I am stuck in my home
Sitting
languidly
Staring
at the blank page
Waiting
for some inspiration
For
my new poem
I
wonder
Would
you be thinking about me?
Or
is love under curfew too
In
our city?
I
am afraid love
Soon
one day
This
self-obsessed city will declare
“Growing roses is a crime
Immoral for all moral citizens
Anyone found growing roses
Or in possession of any
Will be punished under the just law”
Gardens
will be destroyed
In
the name of morality
But
for love
I
will stand against such tyranny
And
exchange books with you
With
illegal roses inside them
I
will write letters to you
Addressing
you as
“My Most Precious Rose”
And
send it to you
With
bouquets of illegal red roses
So
you would know
It’s
only for you
Curfew
is on…
Indefinitely
Sitting
languidly
I
continue staring at the blank page…
No comments:
Post a Comment