Friday, 16 October 2015

Old Picture On The Wall

I kept staring at the fading handprint
On the shiny coffee table
After she left me
I put my hand of longing over it
Feeling it elusively cold and slippery
Like memories of our togetherness

I never knew life needed a reason to be alive

Feeling empty inside like the eyes of a dead man
I crawled back to home
Dragging myself like an injured soldier
After losing a long meaningless war

Broken dreams are like an old picture on the wall
You admire it so much till you hate it there
It gathers dust of time
More than anything else in the room
You can’t clean it without feeling sad
Because pictures create a painful illusion
That time can be frozen
Into an everlasting image
When the reality is
Pictures only get old
They don’t lose memories like we do

Walking across my room like a stranger
I look out of the window
To the dark starry night
And wonder
If universe is one giant living organism
How does it remember us – You and I?
Does it remember how much we loved each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment