I have been away
Not present at all
Removed from my body
Removed from my own sight
I wasn’t there when you first kissed me
Or hugged me
In that cold night when I was crying
I wasn’t there…
I wasn’t there when I fell off the branch
Of life, sad and whiny
You carried me on your shoulders
Of love and care
Tugged me in my bed
Of awakening
With your kiss of pure delight
I wasn’t there
When Sun was teasing me
Like a morning doll
You stood there
Blocking it to my comfort
But
I was there
When you went away
I know I was there
Because I felt the pain
Somewhere inside myself
I felt a big hole
As if life wasn’t reaching
To some part of my soul
Taking me all in
Sinking me into itself
I know I was there
And now my love
I am still here
When you are gone
Not here anymore
Since ages
I have been present in my own absence since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment