Saturday, 27 August 2011

I can’t stop my pen to bleed


I can’t stop my pen to write of my country
A country of saints and shrines of hope
Whose love makes its real beauty
More than rivers, lakes and mountains
I can’t stop my pen to bleed of innocent blood
Which has been smeared
All over the walls in madness
I can’t stop my fingers to wear away
Because of the pain my countrymen bear
I can’t stop my mother to cry
Or my neighbors to stop sobbing
I can’t…
I can’t allow myself to yield to hatred
Which few men have learn to live by,
civil as well as savage,
equally nourished so long
In the hearts of ignorant
For my brothers who now sleep restlessly
In thousands of unnamed graves
I can’t stop wonderful people to shine
Or to build world’s greatest empire
On the rubbles of my home
And to paint it all red
With the blood of my ever-bleeding heart
I can’t stop my beautiful people
To rob my gardens of stones
Those holding the gardens of our love
To fall on prophets of hate
I can’t stop beautiful women of my valley
To tear off their cloaks of dignity
To show their unheard dissent
I can’t stop anything at all
The only thing I can stop
Is to stop being silent
In the midst of noises
Coming from stones and bullets
Falling and piercing only human heart
Who are equally confused
About only one thing
“What it takes to be a human
In its own right?”

No comments:

Post a Comment