I am a poet
Words
are the only gift you can have.
Wrapped in nature’s image.
So…
Let me build a world for you of words
Let me build a house first
Trust
That I have in human dignity
will make its foundation
Love
That I have for you eyes
will make its cement
Moments
We share in intimacy
Will be its bricks
Sky
That is like your palms
will make its roof
Stars,
Which twinkle like you chuckle,
its bulbs
Curtains…well
Let me think of that
How about flowing waters of Jehlum
And the furniture,
Yes I got that too,
Will be made of your bosom
And, kitchen, my love,
The kitchen I will gift you with honey
Doors will be…
No we won’t need doors, my love!
Gulmarg
will be our window
Fragrance
Will be our garden
And when I will show you our house
Will you agree if I ask you
“Would you like to love me
in this house forever”
Smile
is the answer
I will be looking for, my love.
No comments:
Post a Comment