I have a strange feeling, my love
Very faint but intense though
You passed into me
Like my own breath
You live under my skin now
But you look darker than I am
I can feel you crying inside me
You have filled me with so many stories
Stories of pain and despair
I don’t scratch myself now
However itchy you breathe under my skin
I won’t scratch a bit
I am afraid of bleeding you out
You are full of pain
Why don’t you sleep when I sleep?
Or feel peaceful when I do?
Why don’t you scream when I scream?
Or sob when I do?
Why don’t you feel happy?
Or laugh when I do?
When I look into the mirror
I keep looking into my eyes
For any sign of you there, my love
I know you have passed into me
And you live now under my fragile skin
What will make you happy there, my love?
I will give you everything I have
I will give you my bones
Along with the marrow inside them
I will lend you my blood
Along with my heart which pumps it
I will give you my feelings
Along with the memories
I have treasured around them
I will even give you my dreams
Along with the world I have painted there
You can borrow my breaths too
We will share them half and half
And the twinkle of my eyes
With all the sights I have seen till now
You can share my soul too
Even the part of it I have hidden from myself
But don’t come out of me ever
And leave me cold
I have lived my whole life in numbness
Before you passed into me
Stay, stay forever
And keep me alive till the end of life
Then we will lie together
Not side by side but
Inside each other
In the same little grave, my love
We will call it our eternal home.
No comments:
Post a Comment