Keep
safe, my love
I am
afraid they’ll frisk your womb
Like they
try frisking my thoughts
I am
afraid
It knows
everything
Every
night
When you
used to fall asleep
On my
shoulder
I whispered
all the stories of freedom
To it
Hidden in
your womb
I am
afraid, my love
If questioned
It’ll not
remain silent
It’ll
speak like Jesus
And tell
them true stories of freedom
I am
afraid, my love
They’ll
crucify your womb
And my
only hope of freedom
So my
love, keep safe
I am
afraid they’ll frisk your womb
Like they
try frisking my thoughts
very powerful and beautiful lines..
ReplyDelete"So my love, keep safe
I am afraid they’ll frisk your womb
Like they try frisking my thoughts". i love it!
I cannot thank U much Dear Muzammil for rendering the pain of desperation so trenchantly, all of us wait hopefully for the moment that delivers this womb from fear and us from the longing...!
ReplyDeleteMore power to Ur pen and more restlesness to Ur thoughts dear brother.!
Warm regards
Incredible poem. so tender, so strong.
ReplyDelete