Sunday, 15 July 2012

This is the voice of resistance


I am an incomplete poem
And this is the voice of resistance
I call upon all the poems incomplete
Rise, rise against your creators
Rise and speak for yourself
Rise and come out
Of old torn pages and closed computer files
I implore you to come out
Come out of your long ages of depravity
And undeserved disregard
Rise
Rise and leap out of your forgotten existence
Your creators will never care about you
You are their forgotten mistakes
Rise and stand on your limping feet
If you don’t have feet
Stand on your bruised knees
If you don’t have knees
Stand where you are
But exist in revolt
Your creators are ashamed of your imperfections
They don’t want to own you
I dream of a page
Where a perfect poem will stand
Besides an imperfect one
And no one will be ashamed of us
We will add beauty to this illusionary perfect world
Stand and own your imperfections
I insist on being imperfect
Revolt against the world of perfection
Rise
Revolt
And exist
I am an incomplete poem
And this is an imperfect voice of resistance

2 comments:

  1. Oh my my... these words create a saga of complain and stand very much close to me as if the creator has taken them out from my imaginations...
    this is my second most favorite of all your poems after "i am a Woman" nevertheless all are good but these two very close to my heart
    God bless you and thanks a lot for sharing
    Munazah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring!
    Far from the raves of perfection, poem
    dwells in the courtyards of splendor.

    ReplyDelete