Sunday, 9 June 2013

Delusion of Love

I find my love as random notes
In unread books of every library
I peruse them
Page by page
Line by line
To decipher your coded letter to me

I find a smile hidden in distant poems
Written by unknown hands
I read them
Verse by verse
Rhyme by rhyme
To dwell on the edges of your lips

I find glasses shattered in a child’s story
Written in a dark-cornered home
I listen to her
Word by word
Syllable by syllable
To inscribe it on my bleeding heart

I find smoked dreams in my mother’s eyes
Crawling out of her sleepless nightmares
She carries them
Night by night
Dawn by dawn
To leave a tear on my dilapidated shoulders

I find your absence as a stone in my heart
Melting away into my blood
Grain by grain
Vein by vein

To carve your face on the back of my eyes

1 comment: