Wednesday, 16 April 2014

False Pretext




It’s only under false pretext
That I behave selfishly
I can never though
Love myself
More than I love you

Silence consumes me
Like termites eat dry wood
Darkness fights me
Like an untamed bull
I open my eyes wider
To see you in the dark
I sense your uncanny presence every night
In my empty room
I ask myself
Is this how madness casts its shadow?

The fangs of sadness are upon me
I try distracting myself
I think of full moon
Watching me like an insomniac eye

The curve of the sky sharpens my vision
I see beyond the tomb of my death
I rinse a dream off my eyes
Pour it in a moon-reflecting lake
It brightens the whole valley

I don’t remember clearly
If I saw you last night or dreamt about you
Dreams are the soul of light
You could steal my soul right then

If only love could be mastered
But it’s not a skill or a magic trick
It’s light on a dark road
Hope is the only source of peace in love
I have no peace

Thus it’s only under false pretext
That I am hopeful
The darkness of your indifference
Never leaves me

No comments:

Post a Comment