Sunday, 6 April 2014

You'll Not Understand This Poem

You’ll never understand this poem
Even though every line of it
Is written only for you

As darkness puts all the colors to sleep
I stand in my colorless balcony
Cut a paper queen out of moon
Spin white thread from moonlight
Dye it deep red
With my own blood
To weave a colorful dress
For the poor night

My blood runs through every constellation
This galaxy has my heart at its center
I call out your name to invoke mine
I can spell your name countless times
Anywhere on the night sky

The roughness of the mountains
Bear likeness to my pain
I climb them all
And find myself alone
The cries of my longing echoes everywhere
I paint a lonely picture of myself
As someone who reflects on life
At the edge of the death

I can craft a flying vehicle out of clouds
I can fashion a city out of desert
I can make animals talk in two languages
I can color the whole sky red forever
It’s not magic
It’s not illusion
It’s all about belief
But you won’t understand

I can only make one see

But one has to see with no eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment