Thursday, 24 March 2016

Endless Poem

I can hardly breathe
This is not the air for life
My pulse drops
Strangely it reminds me the lines
From my previous half-dead poem
“I’m here to love you
And talk to you endlessly”

I’m here talking to you endlessly
But I can see the end
In your eyes too
This is not the world I wished for
This is not that planet
This is not even that realm
Where endlessness of wishes
Are valued, nurtured
Beyond its finite endlessness

I have crossed my heart for you
Till eternity
But I can’t say this here
This is not the place, my love
This is not that realm
Where you and I can stare endlessly
Into each other’s eyes
And become one with the eternal flow

We are on a wrong planet
These are not our people
They don’t know love
Love can’t be taught!
Cannot be taught!
Can never be taught!
We can’t teach a fish to swim
A dog to bark
Or water to flow
I’m telling you
This is not our place

I can’t ask you to come with me
But know this my love
You can’t live here either
Like this is not a place for me
You don’t belong here too
So if someday
You are fed of this finitude too
Shout “Love” seven times
Or whisper it forty times
I’ll be there with you
At your first shout only
Or at your first whisper may be

No comments:

Post a Comment