Saturday, 26 March 2016

Woman in Love?

Everyone talks to her
With such affection
That it’s hard
To make out any difference
Between my affection and everyone else’s

She is adored equally by everyone
Admired immensely for her unequalled beauty
And unmatched intelligence
How is my admiration any different?
How is my love unique to her?
Most often it’s hard to believe
She needs my love at all

Why would she hold my hand
With such fondness and pride
In front of everyone?
Why would she make petty excuses
Of not meeting others
When I ask her to meet me?
I don’t understand
Why would she need me at all

But when in the middle of the night
She holds my face in her palms
And tells me

“You know my love
Everyone admires me genuinely
Adores me heartwarmingly
Loves me dearly
And I value that
I value that a lot
But this all means nothing
If you stop admiring me the way you do
If you won’t look at me the way you do
If you don’t love me the way you do
Because nothing compares to that
Nothing means anything to me
If it’s not you
Every time you call my name
I become more beautiful from within
People only get to see the reflection.”

In those magical moments
I whisper her name
Prefixed with “Oh...”
Kiss her
And surrender blindly
To the enigmatic mysteries of woman in love

No comments:

Post a Comment