Thursday, 31 March 2016

Postmodern Madness

There is no one madness
There are madnesses within me
Seething one after another
Impossible to reduce to one pathology
Or to a diagnosis one could cure

I nurture my madnesses
Like the symphonies of a musician
Whose hearing is gone

You don’t understand me
If you know me in one form
I take random forms
Like the shapes of the river
Flowing from Himalayas

There are days
When my madness catches the fancy
Of an old song
I play it on loop obsessively
As if to add something more to it
A single note missing from it
A half breath forgotten by its composer

There are nights
When I cry inconsolably
Without any obvious reason(s)
Just for the sheer pleasure of crying
I miss my tears almost every night

Some days I lie in my bed endlessly
Like a Zombie possessed with nothingness
Thinking about nothing and everything
Like my mind is the last venue
For God and His angels to meet
To decide the fate of this apocalyptic world

There are days and nights too
When insanities turn ugly
I hate everything about myself then
I hate everything about this world
In the hissing pangs of hatred
I become an Island
Nobody could reach
Some madnesses are frighteningly lonely

You are my wildest madness
Madness gilded in terrifying passion
Like the totem of a last true religion
Which can only be practiced piously
If one defies it all the time
You’re my madness in resistance

I don’t have a single madness
What madness is that madness
That doesn’t have thousand heads?

No comments:

Post a Comment