Saturday, 12 September 2015

I Miss You In Everything...

You know what I miss about you

Those mysterious smiles
You and I exchange
When we sit face to face
On a boring metro ride

That extra seasoning
You sprinkle on your pizza
And then crying with teary eyes
“This is sooo spicy...
Please do something fast...”

That anxious eating of your lipskin
When you are lost in your thoughts
And then frantically searching
For a lip cream in your bottomless bag

Those babylike moans you make
When I sit on my study chair
And not on the sofa with you
To watch some ridiculously obnoxious
Romantic movie

That unstoppable giggle you break into
At the mere mention
Of ‘but’ in any conversation
And then turning red in shame

That repeatedly frightful shouting
Of my name
When a cockroach walks by in the kitchen
And you saying in panic
“Save me from him or I’ll die...”

I miss you in everything...
In the tilt of our picture on the wall
In the softness of our pillow
In the colours of my clothes
In the faces of all the people I meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment