You damaged me in love
Like an innocently stubborn maiden
I broke the pot of my desires
To be with you
I chased my dream to darkness
To be part of your dreams
I changed my shape
My color
My language
My dress
To fit your naive egotistical
ideals
I rebelled with what I had
To have whatever I could with you
I gave up the entire hope for
living
So you could breath
Inside the protective space of my
being
You sucked on my blood
Fed on my kindness
Made your life
At the cost of my comfort
But when I fell out of your spell
I was nobody
The forged image of my own lost
identity
I lost everything I had...
And you thought that was your
triumph
That being nothing is worse than
being with you
And I would rather choose you
But you were wrong
Life isn’t your charity
Love isn’t your birthright
In the darkest hour of the night
Love shines like countless fireflies
Almost equal to the countless
nights
I have cried for you
Today
When you and I stand alone
At this surprisingly convenient
distance
I want to tell you
Love will come to you too
As soon as you open your heart to
it
As honestly as you used to lie to
me
No comments:
Post a Comment