Tuesday, 15 September 2015

What To Do When I Miss You?

What is the right thing to do?

Should I read your letters over and over again?
Should I go to all the places we have been every day?
Should I mark those places as national treasure?
Should I become lifetime curator
Of everything that I have received from you?

What should I do?
What is the right thing to do?

Missing you has become terrible obsession
Horrifyingly lonely pursuit

And just so that you should know
I’m failing at it miserably

I’m not reading your letters over and over again
They frighten me
With their meticulously cruel references
Of your overwhelming absence
I haven’t been to those places again
I find myself awkwardly lonely there
I can’t treasure anything about us
Everything eludes me
Whatever I received from you
Is solemnly kept closed
Inside an unshapely box of memories

I don’t know how to be without you

What to do when I miss you?
What to do...?

No comments:

Post a Comment