They took you away
Like you were my cursed treasure
Hunted by ugly treasure-hunters...
I was forced to reduce your
ominous presence
To a small passport size
photograph
I keep it in my wallet now
But it gets heavier every year
Dull every month
I can only see your eyes in it
now...
Can’t remember your angular strong
face
Or your chuckled laugh
When you were gone
I was angry and sad...
Today when you are still gone
I’m not angry but sadness is still
hanging
From the corners of my eyes
Especially when I smile
And when every
relative obnoxiously
Comes over in sympathy and says
I have your eyes...
If I have your eyes
Why can’t I see you?
Have you gone blind with age?
Sometimes like a neurotic psychopath
I wish you would have died
before...
When you fell down the stairs once
Or when your cycle was hit by a
car
Or when the cricket ball hit you
on your neck
I remember
You couldn’t sleep whole night because
of pain
And kept me awake too
Why didn’t you die then?
At least
They couldn’t have taken your
death away
From us...
In my mind though
I have dug a grave already for you
Not because I’m angry with you
Because you were always incapable
Of living without me...
No comments:
Post a Comment