Monday, 7 September 2015

That Was Our First Night

That night didn’t begin at night
Strangely it began
Not until it was morning
Like the aftermath of a revolutionary song

Outside the room
When sun was crawling up the sky
You wore the sunset around yourself
Like a mysterious painting of an anonymous painter

I stood stunned
Passing through that moment
Was like passing through galaxies
You turned me into a star
With your single touch

You raised me high like a temple
And allowed me to worship you
Like a devout priest

I opened the sacred gates
After a long consummate ritual
And entered the city I had lost
Finally
I was home

Like many events in history
Cannot be precisely dated
Even by most accomplished historians

The beginning of our last night
My love
Cannot be exactly placed in time

The night that didn’t begin at night
That was our first night

No comments:

Post a Comment